- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- 2 heaping teaspoons taco seasoning
- Add the first nine ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, except for the salt. Taste, then add salt to your preference.
- Spoon dressing over salad, then give everything a big toss to combine.
- Add tortilla chips right before serving to keep them crunchy. Serve cold.
Make ahead tip…You can prepare this salad the day before, through step 3. The flavors get even better on day 2!
For the chicken, you can use rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken you may have. If you grill the chicken, drizzle three large boneless skinless breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before grilling for about 5-6 cups of cubed chicken.
Learn more about the lifestyle and dining options that residents at Henry Ford Village enjoy every day.