Spiritual wellness is an important part of overall well-being and research says that involvement in spiritual or religious pursuits is associated with fewer strokes, lower rates of hypertension, and less reported pain from illness.
Here are just a few ways spirituality is connected to your overall well-being:
- Involvement in spiritual or religious pursuits is associated with fewer strokes, lower rates of hypertension, and less reported pain from illness.
- Spiritual people are more likely to participate in regular community service, which can protect against stress.
- Spiritual people report being happier and being more satisfied with family life.
- They also tend to be more resilient and have a lower risk of depression and suicide.
- Spirituality often brings a built-in community, which impacts health, happiness and longevity.
- Religion and spirituality for the elderly with dementia appear to slow cognitive decline, help them use better-coping strategies, and have a better quality of life.
- Spirituality also helps people find purpose and reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Henry Ford Village has been designed around the overall well-being of your mind, body and spirit. Along with our many group activities and wellness department, Henry Ford Village provides residents a uniquely beautiful place of worship. The Chapel is located in the St. Clair Clubhouse and seats 200+ people. Schedule a visit to learn more.