Position Overview: The Wellness Coordinator is responsible for guiding or assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and serving as a mentor for Resident Assistants (RAs) and Resident Medicine Aides (RMAs).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for Medication Administration Record monthly change over and audits as needed for each floor in Assisted Living.
- Able to assist care staff in problem solving issues, concerns or care needs of Residents.
- Responsible for working as a RA or RMA as needed.
- Serves as a role model and assists RAs and RMAs with transitioning from a task-oriented model of care to a person-centered care model.
- Practices active listening skills and communicates changes in resident’s condition to care team members through walking rounds and documenting on communication boards.
- Responsible for focusing on the clinical area of skin integrity, urinary incontinence, and nutrition, maintaining healthy, intact skin and critical to maximizing the functional states and overall health of the residents.
- Treats and considers resident’s relatives as critical members of the care team.
- Demonstrates professionalism, sensitivity and maturity to support residents, their relatives, and employees.
- Serves as a mentor to new employees by supporting them in their transition to experienced staff members.
- Ensures the Assisted Living staff practices person centered care and become successful members of the care team.
- Provide feedback about job performance to RAs and RMAs to promote and encourage a culture of a highly effective team.
- Responsible for auditing Activities of Daily Living (ADL) book, shower sheets, and monthly weights.
- Responsible for checking fax machines for lab results/orders on each floor as needed.
- Assist in coordination of “Fall” huddles with Nurse Leadership and care staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands the meaning of person-centered care and how to apply the model to residents.
- Must be able to foster resident’s independence and freedom of choice at all times.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Basic computer skills required
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Language Skills: Ability to understand, communicate, and follow instructions in English.
License, Certificates, Registration: Current certification from the State licensing/certification board as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY: After careful analysis, it has been determined that this position falls into OSHA Occupational Exposure Category A and requires the following protective equipment be worn by anyone filling this position.
GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND/OR GOGGLES: Training will be provided in how to properly and effectively use any necessary equipment, in addition to education regarding precautionary measures, epidemiology, and modes of transmission and prevention of HIV/HBV.
Disclaimer: This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|