Position Overview: Responsible for education (in-service) and training of employees which meet or exceed community standards and federal, state and local regulations. Coordinates and/or conducts new general orientation for Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates with Human Resources and conducts New Employee Orientation (NEO) as assigned.
- Ensures that all off cycle employees attend NEO.
- Responsible for orientation of new e to HRC and AL.
- Ensures that all staff and department meet HFV objectives, state and federal requirements prior to being released from orientation.
- Ensures that new employees have all necessary software sign on and passwords prior to end of orientation period. Including emergent medication dispensing system, email, etc…
- Develops and maintains the yearly proposed in-service calendar.
- Develops monthly in-service calendar meeting health and safety regulations along with community needs.
- Responsible for CENA 12 hour in-service hour requirement.
- Ensures that nursing employees meet/exceed knowledge base to meet needs of residents.
- Prepares staff in-services and follow up documentation including post tests and audits ensuring that goals/objectives are met.
- Outlines training to meet clinical needs of Skilled Nursing/Assisted Living staff.
- Offers training modalities that meet the needs of all adult learning aspects.
- Develops staff’s skills and encourages growth by assessing nursing staff competencies annually and as needed. Makes adjustments to competencies based on resident population needs, regulatory changes and recommendations and HFV needs.
- Cultivates external resources for in-services needs of the community.
- Maintains employee files to ensure compliance with HFV/ regulatory requirements.
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of positive resident relations among Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living staff. Intervenes as needed and provides necessary in-services/ education.
- Intervenes when competencies do not meet policy, procedures, and Health/Safety regulations by offering on the spot in –services and corrective action as needed to attain positive outcomes for residents and staff.
- Plays an integral role in customer service with community population as needed.
- Adheres to time lines, deadlines and task completion as assigned.
- Prepares reports/ audits as assigned for QAPI.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and seeking out growth opportunities.
- Attends meetings as required/ requested.
- Creates with leadership and enacts training program for employees in alignment with goals and objectives.
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities in new clinical areas and treatments of residents served.
- Must seek out current policy and procedure to ensure staff compliance.
- Position requires multiple off shift site visits per month for in-service needs, audits and competencies, etc..
- May be required to work as a unit nurse as staffing dictates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess and exude strong leadership qualities
- Ability to serve as a role model
- Must demonstrate behaviors of a team player
- Ability to encourage growth, offer support and be an active listener while meeting both the needs of the staff and resident population
- Must be flexible and offer an expanding knowledge base.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Must have a commitment to communication with peers and supervisors
Education and/or Experience: Must be a RN in the state of Michigan. Minimum of 2 years of long term care experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Nursing staff
Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of mediums including strong verbal, written and computer skills.
License, Certificates, Registration: Current licensure with State Board of Examiner of Nurses as a Registered Nurse.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|