Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Sous Chef with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: Responsible for ensuring the efficiency and quality of food purchasing, receiving, storage and preparation (from pre-preparation to plate presentation), sanitation of the production areas, and direct supervision of all food production and utility staff. Directly responsible for the training of culinary staff and utility staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules daily kitchen culinary and food prep for on-time service for resident and employee meals.
- Ensures that food and supplies are inventoried, received and stored according to facility standards. Ensures Restaurant Manager is aware of any products that are running low.
- Monitors preparation and service accuracy for all menu items to include recipes, proper food handling, food safety, proper temperature, taste, consistency and portion control using the production sheets.
- Has knowledge of and ensures HACCP procedures and practices are in place and followed.
- Ensures proper presentation of all food items to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
- Supervises, trains, and disciplines all culinary and kitchen staff.
- Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
- Supervises organization and sanitation of kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
- Supervises opening and closing of food service operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events. Ability to supervise.
Education and/or Experience: A minimum of five years high volume culinary leadership/management experience required. College or Culinary training preferred (certificate or degree). High School Diploma or GED required. A B.S. Degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics, or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Cooks, Stock Utility, Utility Workers, Restaurant Assistants, Utility Supervisor
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak in English.
License, Certificates, Registration: Certificate in Food Service Sanitation (Serv-Safe) required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, bending, sitting, speaking, lifting pushing, stooping, stretching, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, learning new skills and information.
|Job Category||Dining Services|