Position Overview: Responsible for evaluating the psycho-social and functional needs of residents and provides direct services as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts Pre-Residency assessments of potential residents.
- Make recommendations for appropriate level of residency in conjunction with the Admissions Committee and the Executive Director. Recommends assessment for the Skilled Nursing Facility, as appropriate.
- Maintains records on all residents served and documents activity as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
- Collaborates effectively with internal departments and all levels of personnel on a wide variety of resident issues and provides education to staff.
- Conducts follow up assessments after move in to determine level of adjustment.
- Reviews incident reports and provides follow up as needed.
- Identifies residents in need of service, either through direct referral (from families, other residents, staff, etc.), or by the regular review of incident reports.
- Monitors the needs of residents routinely and maintains a list of those residents at risk of functional decline.
- Provides psychosocial support to residents and their families, individually, via family meetings or support groups and assists through the transition process to a higher level of care.
- Assesses, intervenes, and works to resolve issues regarding residents’ care and safety.
- Develops referral network within the community for available services, and makes appropriate referrals to and consults with other professional services as indicated.
- Educates residents about the importance of Advance Directives, and facilitates completion of such documents.
- Participates in the education and training of Social Work students.
- Compiles and submits monthly reports to the Manager on services rendered, and other professional activities.
- Continues to enhance professional skills through continuing education, community in-services, leadership training and other professional activity. Shares knowledge gained from training and educational sessions.
- Participates in marketing events, tours, etc.
- Attends and participates in supervisory meetings, weekly Resident Review meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent written, verbal and listening skills. Ability to work independently, implement plans, and has excellent problem solving skills. Computer skills required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
Education and/or Experience: Social Work degree (BSW or MSW) preferred. Minimum education requirements as per state licensure (i.e., Michigan LBSW is acceptable). One year of Social Work experience in health care setting preferred. Knowledge of geriatric population and dementia required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak in English.
License, Certificates, Registration: Social Work licensure and/or certification as required by State Board. If the individual state does not require a Social Work license to practice Social Work, then no licensure is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keyboard repetitive motion; walking, stooping, bending and standing.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|