Position Overview: Responsible for ensuring the safe passage of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transporting residents, staff, and visitors on pre-scheduled and unscheduled appointments.
- Coordinates usage of all company-owned vehicles.
- Prepares vehicles for usage.
- Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
- Assisting residents, staff, and visitors (and their packages) in and out of vehicles.
- Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or driver error.
- Maintain community and departmental philosophy and mission statement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the older population.
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Excellent driving record.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum two years in transportation services
License, Certificates, Registration: Requires current and valid Chauffeurs License.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend. The employee may be required to life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Ability to walk long distances, stand for periods of time, push and list at least 50 lbs., bend and stretch. Ability to communicate with residents and staff. Ability to distinguish smells, to hear, and to respond as needed. Ability to remain calm under stress.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||General Services|