Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Residency Counselor in our Sales and Marketing area with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: The Residency Counselor is the primary sales professional who is responsible for selling the community to prospective residents. The Residency Counselor manages the occupancy process from first inquiry to receipt of deposit to move-in.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the occupancy process from first inquiry to receipt of deposit to move-in in relation to the representation, negotiation and promotion of the community to that individual.
- Works with the prospective resident, family members and key influencers (physician, attorney, trust officer, as appropriate) to facilitate a timely and beneficial commitment to the community.
- Responsible for the professional handling of all incoming inquiries.
- Manages all information relating to the prospective resident/inquiry: communication with administration, communication with direct supervision and accurate documentation of all contact in the Leads Management System.
- Promotes the occupancy process through ongoing contact with a prospective resident via telephone, personal visits, tours and home visit activities as appropriate.
- Provides to the Director of Sales marketing planning information about opportunities or challenges, to be used in the development of strategies for maintaining optimal occupancy levels.
- Fully understands and accurately presents all documents related to residency. This includes residency agreements, confidential data reports, etc.
- Staffs the office during established hours of operation, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Achieve personal net sales budget.
- Achieves personal sales metrics. (Phone outs, completed appointments, etc.)
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Assumes responsibilities for personal work areas and maintaining areas in a presentable manner.
Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by direct supervision or administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with both large and small groups.
At least one-year experience in comparable marketing and sales industry is preferred; education or experience in marketing, public relations, promotions or sales is desirable.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
Must have knowledge of and special sensitivity to the needs of the aging.
Must have the ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation.
Skill in use of computer software including Word.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two or more years successful selling experience
- Familiarity with sales techniques
- Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak in English. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
License, Certificates, Registration: Employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for occasional home visits with prospects.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee will also be responsible for sitting frequently, standing occasionally, use hands and fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may have to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus are also required.
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing|