Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Program Assistant Manager, provides therapeutic programming to meet the physical, intellectual, spiritual, creative, recreational, and social needs and interests.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads programs independently.
- Implements programs appropriate to resident population being served.
- Knowledge of dementia and the ability to adapt programming based on level of resident’s impairment.
- Develop and maintain a rapport with staff, residents, residents’ families, and volunteers.
- Provide input in designing, planning and preparing a variety of activity programs to include activity calendars.
- Oversee maintenance of proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, and MDS as necessary.
- Complete documentation during staff absence.
- Assesses residents’ needs and limitations on an on-going basis for program planning and writing assessment forms and MDS.
- Review resident assessments completed by Program Assistants to ensure appropriate and preference based programming.
- Coordinate resident entertainment, trips, and special events.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate Degree in Recreation, Recreational Therapy, Activity Therapy, Dance/Movement Therapy, Music Therapy, Horticulture Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or other allied services or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Preferred 1 or 2 years’ experience, or 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Activities Coordinator with supervisory experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Activity Assistants, hold weekly staff meetings, and provide departmental orientation and training.
Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
License, Certificates, Registration: MEPAP 1 Certification
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required talk or hear. The employee frequently is required stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
|Job Category||Health Services|