Program Assistant- Activities
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Activity Coordinator, Assistant Program Manager and Program Manager, will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in the Nursing Care Center and Assisted Living. Provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead group and individual activities both structured and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families, and community groups.
- Assess resident’s needs and limitations on an on-going basis for program planning and written assessment forms and MDS.
- Design, plan and prepare various activity programs using your own skills and areas of specialty.
- Generate activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment in a safe and functional order.
- Consistently maintain proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans and MDS as needed.
- Participate in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Activities Assistant III – Generate the MDS documentation and assessments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Experience working with elderly, understanding of the dementia process, group leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, independent thinker, self-motivated, organized, flexible and dependable employees.
Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
|Job Category||Health Services|