Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Prep Cook with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: Responsible for meal preparation for breakfast, lunch and dinner service; as well as cold food preparation and baking details. Completes the daily production schedule as directed. Accepts responsibility of Cooks function in their absence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Assists in preparing all food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
- Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisor and listens effectively.
- Performs any duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of one year experience in food preparation required. High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certificates, Registration: Certificate in food service sanitation (ServSafe) required after employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Dining Services|