Occupational Health Nurse
Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interaction.
If you are looking for a challenging career as an Occupational Health Nurse with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Description/Overview: Responsible for providing prompt and reliable pre-placement screenings, health care and appropriate follow-up treatment plans for employee illnesses and work-related injuries, manage Workers’ Compensation, administer “Leave of Absence” program, manage drug testing and ensure compliance with OSHA, ADA and FMLA.
Please do not apply unless you have these core competences listed above.
- Perform pre-placement evaluations according to standing orders created by the Medical Director.
- Provide case management for employees with work related injuries to minimize lost time with a primary focus on employee wellness to include transitional duty placement.
- Maintain medical/OSHA records to ensure compliance with federal regulations and confidentiality of employee information.
- Coordinate and implement safety and wellness training programs as needed for employees.
- Coordinate and monitor medical leaves of absence to ensure compliance with FMLA.
- Coordinate and manage TB screening, Hepatitis B vaccination, Flu vaccination and/or state required programs, i.e. Varicella and Measles, Mumps, Rubella.
- Case manage employees diagnosed with communicable disease, including blood and body fluid exposures, in coordination with employee’s physician and local and/or state health agencies and standing orders created by the Medical Director.
- Manage the Worker’s Compensation function and serve as primary liaison with the insurance provider and risk management.
- Perform and coordinate pre-employment and for cause chain of custody urine collection.
- Coordinate third party administered random drug testing program.
- Serve as an actively member on the Safety committee.
- Counsel and refer employees to proper agencies with personal/medical problems including the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Assist with root cause analysis for employee incidents as needed.
- Attend Recruitment huddles, update Applicant spreadsheets and provide applicant clearance dispositions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have prior experience working with medical terminology and equipment.
- Microsoft Office computer literacy required.
- Previous experience administering Workers’ Compensation programs, Chain of Custody Drug screening, and OSHA compliance is required.
- Phlebotomy skills are a must.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate compassion while maintaining objectivity.
Registered or Practical Nurse licensed in Michigan with two years of related experience in the Occupational Health setting.
Bachelor’s degree and certification in Occupational Health preferred.
|Job Category||Health Services|