Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Nurse Manager with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
The Nurse Manager has responsibility for clinical care coordination for residents. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Nursing with hiring, scheduling, payroll management and customer service.
This position comes with significant challenges, responsibilities and expectations. It also offers opportunities to gain management, operations and leadership experience.
- Coordination, implementation and review of clinical care for residents on unit.
- Ownership for documentation process including, care plans, audits, incident reports and charting, Level of Care Determinations (LOCD) and MDS.
- Review and feedback, including disciplinary actions for nurses and CNAs relating to clinical performance.
- Inservice of employees to meet HFV policies and procedures and health and safety regulations according to State and Federal requirements.
- Competent knowledge and ownership of clinical quality program of high risk rounds that include wound care, infection control, falls risk reduction/ safety risk management, pain management, weight loss, dehydration, etc.
- Participation and input into hiring and performance review processes.
- Must be able to pass medications and work as unit nurse often/as needed to meet needs of residents.
- Have basic knowledge of budget and staffing within a skilled nursing facility.
- Have basic knowledge of 5 star rating. Striving at all times to attain at all times.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs, operational, and personnel Henry Ford Village policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by maintaining and preforming chart audits ensuring adherence to Henry Ford Village, standards of care; state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Assist the Director of nursing with maintaining nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Completes patient care requirements by assisting with scheduling and assigning nursing and staff; following up on work results.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides information to patients/ families and health care team by answering questions and requests. Returning of families phone calls and request within 24 hours of receipt.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by completing rounds multiple times daily and enforcement of procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals and departments as needed.
- Protects patients and employees by enforcing adherence to infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records to include medication reconciliation’s, care plan and progress including OBRA required assessments. (Braden, fall risk, AIMS etc.).
- Ensures operation of medical equipment: by verifying equipment availability and function of crash cart supplies, oxygen supply, medications, wound care supplies available.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and seeking out growth opportunities.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Attends meeting as assigned/requested.
- Adheres to time lines, deadlines and task completion as assigned.
- As a team leader, the successful candidate will create and maintain a strong, cross-functional, accountable team by encouraging communication, dedication to customer service and commitment to quality improvement.
- Enforcement of Henry Ford Village policy and procedures and health and safety regulations is expected at all times.
- Responsible for oversight of Staffing and On Call for clinical issues for unit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and desire to take full accountability for a unit.
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about work, life and people.
- Willing to put in the time both in terms of working and learning.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours.
- Continued personal and professional learning will be a critical part of this position. The candidate should have demonstrated learning behaviors and desire to continue.
- The position will play a key role in defining the dynamics in a team.
- Must be a strong team player and be skilled at developing teams.
- Must possess and exude Leadership qualities.
- Ability to develop and exhibit strong clinical and management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Registered nurse preferred with 5+ years of experience; however, LPNs with significant clinical and management experience (7 – 10 years+) will be considered.
- Computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, the internet and web applications.
- Expertise in wound care, quality improvement, MDS, falls, hydration, infection control, care planning, etc…a plus.
Disclaimer: This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|