Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interaction.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Medical Assistant with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: The Medical Assistant provides clinical support to the Occupational Health Nurse while handling multiple tasks at a very fast pace.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Provides assistance to the Occupational Health Nurse with performing pre-placement evaluations according to standing orders created by the Medical Director.
- Assists with coordinating and managing TB screening, Hepatitis B vaccination, flu vaccination, and/or state required programs, i.e. Varicella and Measles, Mumps, Rubella etc.
- Assists the Occupational Health Nurse with performing and coordinating pre-employment and for cause chain of custody urine collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to think quickly on your feet.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must have a professional appearance and professional phone manners.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate accurate information in emergency situation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and calmly to employees, visitors and to all levels of staff.
- Strong organization skills required.
Education and/or Experience: One or more years of medical clinical skills required. High School Graduate/GED. Graduate from accredited/certified Medical Assistant Program.
Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form with all levels of employees.
|Job Category||Human Resources|