The Maintenance Mechanic III is responsible for the troubleshooting and intermediate repair of apartment and public area HVAC equipment along with the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate and efficient maintenance. This will be accomplished through the performance of semi-skilled tasks that require the application of general maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools and equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic III serves as a member of the Maintenance and Engineering team that is responsible for the physical condition of the neighborhood assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
- Performs necessary maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Will assist other Maintenance and Engineering personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
- Assists in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies for neighborhood assigned to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Proficiency The work will involve a variety of the following duties: replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, and toilets, painting walls and trim; replacing floor tiles, carpeting, hanging doors and installing door hardware
- Repair/replace doors, walls, floor, ceilings, furniture, cabinetry and remodeling work as required
- Working knowledge of Appliances
- May be involved with Furniture/Equipment/Appliance moves
- Performs additional duties requested by the General Services Coordinator(s) in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community
- Responsible for assisting with Grounds duties
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring and appliances. Must have knowledge of HVAC. Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability to effectively work with residents and staff.
Must have understanding of basic construction, plumbing and electrical principles. Understanding of physical security systems, and basic networking relationships a plus. HVAC, electrical, plumbing and drywall repair a plus.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required. Technical or Trade School Preferred.
Two year HVAC or Boiler experience preferred.
7-10 years of general maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex or commercial/industrial building preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak in English.
License, Certificates, Registration: Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The Maintenance Mechanic III is required to over use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance for all items over 50 pounds. Ability to stand on one’s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push/pull and climb a ladder up to 6/8 feet.
|Job Category||General Services|