Maintenance Reoccupancy Technician
Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Reoccupancy Technician with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: The Reoccupancy Technician will be responsible for the repairs of deficiencies that occur in vacated apartments as part of the reoccupancy process. The Reoccupancy Technician will serve as a member of the Maintenance and Engineering Reoccupancy team and will, when required, be expected to work as a cohesive unit.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the repair and replacement of hard flooring, cabinetry & hardware, countertops, lighting, plumbing fixtures & hardware, and electrical outlets & switches, as necessary, in vacant apartments.
- Performs routine inspection of all major appliances and hoods.
- Performs dry wall repairs as necessary.
- Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Will assist in the completion of various projects or repairs throughout the community..
- Assists in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
- Will be expected to be available to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime.
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Special Projects/Reoccupancy or the Maintenance and Engineering Manager in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a good working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring, appliances, and basic carpentry.
- Must have ability to adjust to new industry techniques and become familiar with new equipment as required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff.
- Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability to effectively work with residents and staff.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Possess 1-3 years of experience in a residential apartment complex, construction or commercial building maintenance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Category||General Services|