Position Overview: The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting the HR Director, HR Managers and Occupational Health Nurse in all aspects of the department (recruitment, training and development, benefits administration, employee relations), as well as for overseeing and/or facilitating various special projects independently.
Answering telephones and greeting visitors to the department. The HR Assistant also coordinates new hire processing, enters new applicant data into the HRIS, assists in office procedures, and provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director and the Human Resources Managers as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following:
- Greets visitors in the Human Resources Office.
- Answers telephone calls, and assists with general inquiries. Redirects calls to other HR staff for more specific information.
- Provide clerical support by typing letters, memos, forms, spreadsheets, etc.
- Responds to telephone and written employment inquiries.
- Assist with processing new employees according to processing schedule and guidelines.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Sorts and distributes office mail.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel files.
- Posts internal vacancies.
- Maintains career website.
- Sends out training notices.
- Prepares Identification badges for employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Responsible for recruiting initiatives including sourcing and reviewing resumes, conducting telephone screens for business lines to determine qualified candidates, forward qualified candidates to hiring authority.
- Participate in recruitment activities (i.e., career fairs, college fairs, open houses, etc.).
- Assist with facilitating training initiatives, create and communicate training calendar, Coordinate and schedule trainers as needed.
- Assist with coordinating and developing employee event planning and employee development programs.
- Serve as the principal contact for newly hired employees; including processing new hire paperwork, coordinating required medical testing (i.e., PPD, physicals, drug screens),
- inputting background checks to appropriate agencies, and ensuring compliance to government and organization recordkeeping requirements (i.e., I-9).
- Provides consultative end user transaction processing guidance.
- Assist in responding to employee relations issues in partnership with appropriate HR Manager, department manager and supervisor.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate staff development programs, including new employee orientation.
- Generate management information reports.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Able to work independently
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Must be customer focused
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of two years of HR related experience required or equivalent education. College degree preferred. Experience with an HRIS program preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of mediums including strong verbal, written and computer skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Required to talk and hear
- Ability to frequently stand, walk and sit
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance.
- Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.