Position Overview: Responsible for cleaning and handling special projects as assigned for the entire Community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: including; but, not limited to:
- Clean all bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, lavatories, and fixtures in apartment and common areas.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and mop tile floors.
- Spot clean walls and windows.
- Dust furniture and empty trashcans.
- Clean baseboards, pictures, lights, and HVAC vents.
- Honor any additional housekeeping request made by the residents during the allotted time.
- Guest room cleaning and linen washing after visitor overnight stays in guest apartments.
- Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident.
- Receive incoming orders accurately.
- Review donations from apartments and deliver the donations to the Treasure Sale rooms.
- Additionally, perform any duty requested by a Management team member to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General knowledge of housekeeping. Ability to use all required equipment. Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and must be able to motivate staff. Ability to operate all required equipment.
Education and/or Experience: Housekeeping experience preferred. Experience using hand trucks, and appliance carts to move furniture across campus. Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to read, write and speak in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Ability to stand on one’s feet for a long period of time, squatting, bending, overhead work, and extensive walking. Ability to push/pull a housekeeping cart, mop and bucket, vacuum, use of floor equipment, climbing ladder to 6/8 feet.
|Job Category||General Services|