Dining Room Supervisor
Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interactions.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Dining Room Supervisor with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: Assists in the overall supervision of all aspects of meal time service and the overall efficiency of the dining room and sanitation operations (including training, evaluating, and disciplining).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Satisfies residents, guests, and staff with services.
- Assists in the supervision of the overall efficiency of dining room operations.
- Assists in the supervision, scheduling and training and gives input with evaluating, and disciplining of all dining room staff. Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
- Assists in the supervision of organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas, and loading dock.
- Ensures proper portioning of foods, attractive plate presentation and service of required diets for meals, nourishments and snacks. Also includes set up of special resident and staff functions.
- Assists in supervising opening and closing of food service operation.
- Performs any duty requested by Management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of Henry Ford Village.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to supervise a large dining room involving large number of employees while meeting regulatory requirements.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of 1 year of dining room/food service experience, including service and sanitation. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Dining staff.
License, Certificates, Registration: Registered with the American Dietetic Association and State licensure as a Dietitian or Nutritionist.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, bending, sitting, speaking, lifting pushing, stooping, stretching, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, learning new skills and information.
Disclaimer: This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Dining Services|