Coordinates telephone and other general services within the on-campus residential community by performing the following duties.
(Rotating Day Shift: 8am – 4pm AND 7AM – 3PM; Rotating Weekends)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities includes the following:
- Greet and direct residents, visitors, and staff and handle questions/concerns efficiently.
- Operate switchboard and direct calls efficiently.
- Monitor reception area to include mail and package deliveries, etc.
- Keep accurate lists of residents, alphabetically and by resident apartment.
- Maintain accurate census information; hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Keep accurate list of residents who are away and dates returning for Security purposes.
- Notify Security of all emergencies in a professional manner.
- Monitor all pull cords for independent living. Track status of resident involved in situation, i.e. transported to hospital, etc.
- Receive emergency calls from residents and staff and dispatch appropriate personnel.
- Page on-call physicians as needed.
- Dispatch and monitor daily transportation schedule.
- Log all incoming packages and notify the recipient.
- Ensure all mail is dispatched through U.S. Mail at the end of each day.
- Sort and distribute all inter-office mail.
- Send all residential faxes and copies.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Receptionist experience required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Language Skills: Must be able to speak English
License, Certificates, Registration: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk, listen and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
|Job Category||General Services|