CNA- Full Time Midnights
Position Overview: The primary purpose of this job position is to provide your assigned residents with the routine daily assistance they need in their activities of daily living, and as may be directed by your Supervisors. The position requires a rare combination of clinical skills and the psychological needs that the residents need.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively implements person-centered care plan, focusing on residents’ strengths.
- Personal care is provided in a calm, professional manner, respecting residents’ privacy and dignity.
- Shares resident preferences with other staff using appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness, keeping non-essential interruptions to a minimum in order to complete resident care priorities.
- Accurate, complete skin assessments; reports changes to nurse immediately.
- Complete, accurate, timely ADL assessments and documentation.
- Notifies nurse immediately of any change in resident’s condition.
- Adheres to all Nursing Department policies, procedures, and care standards.
- Reports on assigned residents’ condition at the end of each shift.
- Escorts residents when assigned.
- Shares ideas to improve processes on the unit. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Regularly visits residents in their rooms to assess needs and offer assistance.
- Attends and actively participates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify strength based approaches and skills for assigned residents.
- Participates in the dining experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, feeding, based on residents’ strengths.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Basic computer skills required. Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
License, Certificates, Registration: Current certification from the State Board of Nursing.
|Job Category||Health Services|