Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interaction.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a CNA with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Position Overview: The primary purpose of this job position is to provide your assigned residents with the routine daily assistance they need in their activities of daily living, and as may be directed by your Supervisors. The position requires a rare combination of clinical skills and the psychological needs that the residents need.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
- Responds in a timely fashion to all resident requests.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete documentation on resident notes.
- Accurate, complete skin assessments and any changes reported immediately.
- Baths and all required care are given in a calm, professional manner.
- Competently completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Residents’ rooms and property carefully handled.
- Resident rounds are made at least every 2 hours for toileting, repositioning, assessing hydration, etc.
- Displays courtesy and respect.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
- Respond to all resident requests for assistance.
- Resident privacy and dignity are maintained at all times.
- Smiles and consistently exudes a pleasant persona.
- Expresses genuine caring attitude to geriatric resident population.
- Escorts residents as needed.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in doing transfers safely.
- Ability to provide range of motion, proper positioning, and assist with resident ambulation.
- Proper use of Standard Precautions.
- Follows all Nursing Department Policies and Procedures.
- Gives complete report to charge nurse/case manager as needed during the day and at the end of the shift on all residents on assignment.
- Shares ideas to solve problems on the unit/department and looks for ways to improve unit/department.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension.
- Willingness to share resident knowledge with other staff.
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Ability to work with others in a professional atmosphere.
- Acts as a role model for new employees.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Uses all equipment safely and correctly.
- Utilizes gait belt appropriately.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment promptly.
- Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness, keeping non-essential interruptions to an absolute minimum in order to complete resident care priorities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures.
- Practices appropriate infection control measures.
- Is well organized and ready to start assignment at the end of report.
- Willingly attends in-services to increase job knowledge and skills.
- Does not require reminders to perform tasks and complete assignment.
- Fulfills requirement for 12 hours of in-service yearly.
- Visibly displays ID Badge at all times.
- Is flexible and willingly works other assignments as dictated by resident need.
- Assumes responsibility for professional certification(s)
- Always ready to start report on time.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to learn new policies and procedures.
- Manages competing demands.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Schedules time off in advance.
- Begins working on time.
- Keeps absences within guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for accurately recording own schedule.
- Flexible in meeting department scheduling needs
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED required
License, Certificates, Registration: Current certification from the State Board of Nursing required
|Job Category||Health Services|