Position Overview: The Admissions Concierge is responsible for coordinating guest hospitality services for residents within the Assisted Living and Health and Rehabilitation Center. This position is a key role in creating a positive environment. The successful candidate will create and maintain a strong, cross-functional, staff relationship by encouraging communication, dedication to customer service and a commitment to quality improvement. This position comes with significant challenges, responsibilities and expectations. It also offers opportunities to work directly with residents to develop interpersonal skills and improve customer service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires minimal supervision on a daily basis and demonstrates willingness to make decisions and take action.
- Responsible for completion of all Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing admission contracts within 24 hours of admission.
- Responsible for acquisition and copies of all admission insurance cards.
- Responsible for all tours of Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing for the afternoon hours and Saturdays.
- Responsible for following up with all residents that have discharged from Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing within 1 week of their discharge and again within 1 month.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the Admissions Coordinator role as will need to assist in Admissions office at times.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment in order to be able to support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Seeks increased responsibility.
- Assists in developing follow-up procedures for monitoring identified problem areas.
- Coordinate requested guest hospitality services for guests within Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing using interpersonal skills.
- Executes and is responsible for all Concierge services.
- Greet and direct guests, visitors, and staff; handle questions/concerns effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining the resident’s concern log and reporting them appropriately.
- Assess customer needs and limitations by making decisions on type and quality of information to provide which may include but not limited to; assist guests with faxes, email and computer needs, flower orders, library and movie requests, etc.
- Coordinate personal item pick-up, plant and pet care in Independent Living and Assisted Living residential apartments if necessary.
- Display courtesy and respect and act as a role model for new employees.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations and identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Respond to all guests’ requests for assistance while maintaining Guest privacy and dignity at all times as well as guest confidentiality.
- Model positive team behaviors, smile, consistently demonstrate friendliness and express a genuine caring attitude toward guests.
- Escort guests as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proper use of Standard Precautions.
- Explain the Welcome Book and resources available.
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension.
- Share guest’s knowledge with other staff while maintaining proper HIPAA guidelines.
- Select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a professional atmosphere.
- Perform any additional duty as requested or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Health Care field preferred. Experience with seniors, health care and service delivery required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Language Skills: Strong verbal communication skills required.
License, Certificates, Registration: N/A
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision and depth perception.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|