Position Overview: This individual is responsible for all routine clerical duties, to support the nursing unit and/or assisted living facility. Time management skills are essential to accomplish all tasks timely and efficiently.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination of all clerical and administrative support tasks to the assigned unit.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with resident charts by filling within a timely manner, making sure signatures are on every necessary document, thinning as per guidelines, etc.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Demonstrates willingness to make decisions and take action.
- Requires minimal supervision on a daily basis.
- Completes special projects as designated; prepares information required for regulatory agencies.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Makes timely decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining unit supply par levels.
- Responsible for maintaining overall function of unit equipment; notifies appropriate person(s) when repair is necessary.
- Displays courtesy and respect.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Appropriately manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Exhibits appropriate interaction with other departments
- Seeks increased responsibility.
- Meets all in-service requirements.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all issues in a timely manner.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
- Keeps abreast of current company developments that affect Nursing.
- Uses resources effectively.
- Establish and maintain filing systems for the unit.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Makes self-available to staff.
- Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Supports and respects diversity.
- Follows policies and procedures at all times.
- Displays courtesy and respect at all times.
- Refer employees to appropriate person(s) when issues arise.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Willingly assists others in the Nursing Department.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of residents/employees at all times.
- Exhibits tact and consideration.
- Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Accepts criticism and feedback and applies to work related duties.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Responsible for own professional growth and development.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction and meets deadlines.
- Schedules time off in advance.
- Begins working on time.
- Keeps absences within guidelines.
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or G.E.D. required. BS degree preferred in Health Services field. Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful. Four years clerical experience with accurate typing ability. Excellent computer skills. Excellent communication skills.
Ability to read, write and speak in English.
License, Certificates, Registration:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.
|Job Category||Health Services|