A fitness tracker is a great way for people of all ages and levels of activity to set health goals for themselves and keep track of their progress in real time. The variety of brands, bells and whistles varies by each band’s capabilities and price. It can be a little overwhelming when it comes to choosing the right one for you, but unless you’re an avid marathon runner or body builder, we’ve got some tips on what to look for in a fitness tracker that’s best for you:
- Ease of Use: The range of complexity and benefits of fitness trackers on the market is vast but there seems to be a product that’s perfect for everyone, depending on what you’d like to use it for. Take your time shopping around and pick the one that fits your lifestyle.
- Distance Tracking: Most fitness trackers have a step counter that also shows the total distance over a full workout. Some even track your progress over time.
- Calorie Tracker: Some trackers show you just the calories you’ve burned throughout your day while others can track caloric intake and weight fluctuation over time.
- Heart Rate Monitor: This allows you to gauge and control the intensity of your workout and tells you when you should take a break.
- Sleep Tracker: A sleep tracker allows you to monitor your daily sleep habits so you can manage the quality of your slumbers, which ultimately affects your overall health.
- Display Size: Lower-priced fitness brands are very simple and minimal because not everyone needs the bells and whistles. Higher-priced trackers have larger display sizes to provide easy navigation throughout the different functions.
- Battery Life: The range of energy-efficiency varies by price and what the tracker is being used for. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle best.
Learn more about how Henry Ford Village encourages wellness of the mind, body and spirit and all of its forms.
Source: Best Choices for Seniors