After careful consideration for the health and safety of residents, employees, and family members, our community amended its visitor policy on Monday, March 16, and is restricting visitors from entering our community.
Please bookmark the LCS website for future updates and information regarding our community COVID-19 response and prevention measures already implemented, such as:
- Educating all staff and residents in social distancing guidelines
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and disinfecting common community areas
- Implementing temporary visitor restrictions, including deliveries
- Canceling social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing and executing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to reschedule travel plans and remain in our community
- Deploying an updated visitor advisory for communities and to campus
- Coordinating best practices across the broad, LCS partner network
- Making the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all employees
All future updates regarding the COVID-19 response, including visitor policies, social distancing guidelines, and prevention recommendations, can be found here. LCS has also opened a national hotline for information. Call 855-998-4934. For local information about our community, please use 313-789-8239.
Hello Henry Ford Village community,
The health and safety of residents living in our community is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus (COVD-19). We understand that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind, and we want to be communicative and transparent in the steps Henry Ford Village is taking to prepare our community during this unprecedented event. Our team has been working tirelessly to prepare for possible scenarios related to COVID-19.
We’ve developed a series of precautionary steps that our community is implementing to help reduce everyone’s risk of COVID-19. Additionally, you can access updates at the following website.
Our community is
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities.
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas.
- No visitors on campus, unless medically necessary.
- Eliminating all on-site group social events and recreational activities.
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program.
- Asking residents to communicate any travel plans.
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network.
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all residents.
According to the CDC, many of our residents are at a higher risk for serious illness, and we’re providing all residents and their families with the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local health officials on the steps they can take to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
We are strongly encouraging all our residents to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces.
- Avoiding touching your face.
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing.
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
Our teams are staying in communication with local health officials and will share regular updates on COVID-19. For more the most up to date information and personal health recommendations, please visit the websites below:
Updates from LCS: https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/
COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
COVID-19 Symptom: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
What To Do If You Think You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
The health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees, and families is our utmost priority. Nothing is more important. With the coronavirus in the news and on our minds, we want to address the actions we’ve put in place related to this concern.
- Consistent updates and communication to those who live and work at the community.
- Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts our community or the surrounding area.
- Changes to our travel and visitation guidelines for all employees, partners and guests.
The situation remains fluid and we will continue to monitor local, state and federal health agencies, responding quickly and effectively as developments are made.
Thank you for your support and understanding during this time.