Position Overview: The primary purpose of your job position is to develop a routine schedule as assigned, replacing last minute absences, changes due to vacation, LOA, changes in census, etc. Maintain absence reporting and payroll processing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example)Community Cornerstones and Hospitality Promises to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the community
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across Henry Ford Village.
- Prepares schedules and assists in scheduling staff for mandatory in-services
- Handles call-in’s, replacing staff as necessary
- Posts schedule in accordance with policies and procedures
- Makes changes in schedule on the floor, based upon census and resident need
- Ensures that daily staffing levels are in compliance with state minimum regulations and budgeted PPD hours. Report daily to the Memory Care Manager/Assisted Living Manager.
- Monitors absences and tardiness. Notifies the Memory Care Manager and Assisted Living Manager when discipline is needed
- Responsible for daily staffing report and overtime justification report. Totals time records daily and processes time records for each pay period
- Enters exception reports daily
- Maintains current confidential employee telephone number list
- Data input into various computer systems and run appropriate reports
- As assigned, assists in implementing the day-to-day policies and procedures governing the payroll functions. Assist employees in obtaining information concerning their payroll check, deductions, overtime, etc., as necessary
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed
- Make scheduling adjustments based upon census
- Implement scheduling procedures for contingent (flex) employees
- Assist in the maintenance of Open Position reports by attending weekly staffing meetings
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to three (3) years previous scheduling experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and nursing practice is preferred
- Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); extensive knowledge and experience with electronic mail. Must type with speed and accuracy
- Ability to utilize and maintain standard office equipment, e.g., copier, printer, fax, phone system, personnel computer, etc.
- Previous experience working in Healthcare or with the geriatric population preferred
- Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment
- Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and strong decision making abilities
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED required. College or related courses in business or Healthcare strongly preferred. One to three years previous scheduling experience preferred. Must have extensive experience with computers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English
License, Certificates, Registration: Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters
- Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift up to 50 pounds to a minimum height of 3 ½ feet and be able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents in emergency situations Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place
- Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile individuals within the community. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and other positions temporarily when necessary and may be subject to call back during emergency conditions. May be required to work on shifts other than those which originally hired
- Subject to exposure to noise, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB, HIV, HEP B viruses. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner