A Resident Associate provides direct personal care for residents. Responsible for guiding or assisting residents with activities of Life that they are unable to perform without guidance. Must foster residents’ independence and freedom of choice at all times.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Takes vital signs as indicated.
- Changes beds, gives showers or baths and assists with dressing.
- Provides in-house escort services to all areas in Assisted Living.
- Responsible for providing guidance and assistance for residents as needed.
- Makes daily rounds to residents.
- Monitors and informs supervisor and responsible party of residents’ status, any change in health condition and/or the need for medical appointments.
- Assists in serving of meals and with any needs residents may have during dining.
- Delivers meal trays and assist residents who are unable to eat their meals in the dining room.
- Participates and assists with resident-centered activities.
- Responds for providing paperwork to Emergency personnel for resident transfers and discharges.
- Investigates, document and notify the Assisted Living Manager, Director of Nursing and the appropriate responsible party of resident incidents and submit the documentation to the Assisted Living Manager and the Director of Nursing.
- Must foster team initiative with employees in all departments.Responsible for creating and maintaining a work environment that encourages teamwork, a positive demeanor and a calm working-environment throughout the community.
- Assists with ongoing assessment of residents’ needs to promote independence.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents.
- Assists the resident in making doctor’s appointments.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure HIPAA policies are followed and resident rights are protected.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, family and staff.
- Must be able to perform simple arithmetic and document care given.
- Ability to transfer residents weighing 50 pounds or more using a transfer belt, mechanical lift or with assistance of others.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
License, Certificates, Registration:
Must be able to walk long distances at a rapid pace; must be able to assist in the bathing and dressing of residents with disabilities; must be able to push a wheelchair with residents weighing up to 200 lbs independently; continuous standing, turning, stooping, bending, stretching and lifting up to 95% of the work day in order to assist residents, move equipment and perform other related tasks using proper body mechanics; good visual and hearing acuity required; good verbal communication skills required. May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV. May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors