Position Overview: Coordinates telephone communications services in community by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and direct residents, visitors, and staff and handle questions/concerns efficiently.
- Operate switchboard and direct calls efficiently.
- Monitor reception area traffic-directing deliveries, packages, etc.
- Keep accurate up to date lists of residents, alphabetically and by resident apartment.
- Keep accurate census information; hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Keep accurate list of residents who are away and dates returning for Security purposes.
- Alert Security to emergencies in accurate, calm manner.
- Monitor all pull cords for independent living. Track status of resident involved in situation, i.e. transported to hospital, etc.
- Receive emergency calls from residents and staff and dispatch appropriate personnel.
- Page on-call physicians as needed.
- Dispatch and monitor daily transportation schedule.
- Log all resident packages and notify of a package pick-up via notice in cubby hole.
- Assure all mail is dispatched through U.S. Mail at the end of each day.
- Sorts and distributes all inter-office mail.
- Sends all residential faxes and copies.
- Performs any additional duty as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Receptionist experience required.
License, Certificates, Registration:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.