Position Overview: Responsible for meal preparation for breakfast, lunch and dinner service; including hot food preparation, cold food preparation and baking. Completes the daily production schedule as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares all required food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch, and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
- Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Ensures proper communication with service personnel on proper portioning, plating, garnishing and presentation of food items. Includes information on special diets as needed.
- Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisor and listens effectively.
- Performs any duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events. Ability to supervise.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of three years high volume cooking experience. College preferred, but not required. High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certificates, Registration: Certificate in food service sanitation (ServSafe) required after employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
This job description is a general description of the duties and responsibilities of the position and is not to be interpreted as a complete list of the duties or requirements of this position.