SUMMARY: The Information Services Client Support Technician has the overall responsibility for the following functions within Community: Maintains all requests for both telecommunications and computer assistance for all entities within the organization. Monitors Help Desk management software for open work orders. Responsible for initial troubleshooting of all incoming calls. Follows up with secondary support. Maintains progress reports with the Client. Closes out work orders and updates activities upon completion. Assists with implementation of new products as required. Assists in basic training of employees on current and new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers, evaluates, prioritizes, and supplies first level support on all incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from Client Support or directly from clients. Resolve problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications, common operating environment, and special in-house applications.
- Interviews clients to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Monitor for open work orders throughout the day. Be able to distinguish what additional support is required, notify the appropriate support staff, and follow the event through to its completion, maintaining the proper documentation during the process.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of DOS and Windows Operating Systems; i.e., install and configure DOS and Windows on end-user systems, and help User to understand Windows Operating System upon installation.
- Responsible for pre-work “System Check.” This check is to include the health of all server hardware and software. Any system not in its ready state requires immediate secondary support to be notified.
- Responsible for first level support for all telephone and data communication requests.
- Assist in phone training and in setting up of training facilities for formal training.
- Maintain lists of scheduled projects and installations, providing status reports upon requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent telephone skills. Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Considered entry level requires 1-3 years experience. High school graduate or equivalent (GED). May be required to work independently at times.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATION: CompTIA A+ certification strongly preferred, and the ongoing pursuit of such will be considered.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, decision trees, and safety tips. Ability to write non-complex reports and correspondence. Ability to listen and speak clearly to all employees and residents of the community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized solutions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift small amounts of hardware from packing cartons to a desktop, table, or rack level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ON-CALL: This position may be required to participate in a rotating on-call system. Overtime may be required for changes that impact production systems.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Recent convictions for crimes reasonably related to the activities of this job may disqualify an applicant.