Since 1993, Henry Ford Village has revolutionized the way people view aging. We are located on the historic Ford family farm, where Henry Ford was born and raised. Henry Ford Village features a beautiful 35 acre campus with 7 miles of hallways.
Our environment fosters the ability to enhance the lives of our residents through outstanding care and personal interaction.
If you are looking for a challenging career as a Human Resources Manager with an innovative industry leader, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsible for assisting department managers and employees with all aspects of employment, including recruitment, retention, training and development, compensation, benefits and coaching and counseling.
- Provide an advocacy/consulting role for employees experiencing concerns that impact their jobs.
- Assist in responding to employees relation issues in partnership with appropriate manager.
- Facilitate the full life cycle of the recruitment and selection process including working with management to ensure the selection of the best candidate for all positions.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee hiring process.
- Assist with facilitating New Employee Orientation
- Provide managers and employees with education of policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and delivering management training and other employee workshops and classes.
- Responsible for updating and ensuring that training materials remain current.
- Track and ensure EEOC, FMLA, ADA and OSHA compliance.
- Process Unemployment and Worker Compensation claims.
- Assist with administering and monitoring benefits plans. Facilitate employee communication to enhance the understanding and appreciation of benefits programs.
- Process governmental filings and report employment issues.
- Coordinate and employee event planning and employee development programs.
- Monitor employee appraisal process.
- Generate management information reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong customer service skills and be service oriented
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans and programs to ensure legal compliance.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office, database software systems and programs.
- Strong multi-tasking skills required
- Ability to demonstrate compassion while maintaining objectivity.
- Minimum of five years of relevant human resources experience required.
- College degree required
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Experience working with an HRIS and Payroll system required