Position Overview: Responsible for handling special projects as assigned for the entire Community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Handling of Special Projects for the Community:
Clean all bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, restrooms, and fixtures in apartments and common areas.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and mop tile floors.
- Spot clean walls and windows.
- Dust furniture and empty trashcans.
- Clean baseboards, pictures, lights, and HVAC vents.
- Honor any additional housekeeping request made by residents during the allotted time.
- Guest room cleaning and linen washing after visitor overnight stays in guest apartments.
- Assist with activity room set-ups including moving furniture.
- Perform any additional housekeeping tasks as necessary.
- Match paperwork, i.e., invoices and packing slips to purchase orders and deliver Housekeeping supplies.
- Pick-up and delivery of supplies as needed to various departments and residents.
- Review donations from apartments and deliver the donations to the Treasure Sale rooms.
- Handle and distribute all inbound UPS and FedEx packages.
- Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
- Move/rearrange office furniture and equipment.
- On-call for housekeeping emergencies and fill in for absent housekeeping employees
- Resident mattress flipping and re-arranging resident furniture
- Storing resident property in storage areas.
- Have a working knowledge of housekeeping equipment
- Vacuum cleaner
- Porta-Pac Vacuum Cleaner
- All carpet cleaning extraction equipment
- High speed burnishing
- Rotary floor machines
- Flood pumper
- Carpet Cleaning machines including Carpet rakes
- Truck mount
- Must have knowledge of floor care procedures
- High speed spray buffing
- High speed burnishing
- Deep scrub ad finish re-coat
- Full strip
- Finish application
- Must stay abreast of all chemicals
- Must attend all in-services
- Must be able to properly use all chemicals
- Must follow all safety precautions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Self-motivated, able to function under pressure, people and team-oriented, patience, flexible, good common sense, good communication skills, and a strong desire to learn.
Education and/or Experience: Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred but not required. Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions.