Position Overview: Responsible for overall management of the clinical nursing staff within the Health Services department. Ensures that the residents have quality care and a celebration of life while residing in the Skilled Nursing Facility. Customer relation liaison regarding clinical issues for Health Services. Will work in conjunction with all departments of Health Services. Will interact with department management, employees, residents, resident representatives, and ancillary services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Rose models person-centered relationships with staff, residents, families and customers.
- Maintains and articulates vision of person-centered care.
- Aligns department goals with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Problem solving and decision making reflect consideration of multiple view points, stake holders needs, and an attempt to negotiate a win-win solution.
- Role models ability to successfully maneuver complex matrix reporting structure.
- Analyzes monthly employee retention statistics.
- Works with each employee to create SMART performance goals.
- Clearly communicates expectations and provide feedback.
- Makes pay decisions based on performance.
- Works with each member of the team to create individual development plan.
- Identifies potential risk situations; appropriate follow up.
- Explains monthly budget variances (HPPD, FTE’s, overtime) for the Department of Nursing
- Prepares quarterly Current Estimate budget revisions.
- Prepares operational budget for the Department of Nursing.
- Forecast staffing adjustments.
- Responds to employee concerns/issues in a timely manner.
- Plans and facilitates monthly All-Staff meetings.
- Establishes mutually agreed upon team goals, monitors progress, and is accountable for outcomes.
- Displays control and composure in complex, stressful or ambiguous situations, anticipates problems and plans accordingly.
- Responds to customer, resident, and/or family concerns within 24 hours.
- Role models managing difficult employees and customers.
- Using Resident Satisfaction survey – analyzes the results and identifies trends and indicates action plan to improve situation.
- Promotes direct and open communication to resolve conflicts within or between departments.
- Manages survey process for Department of Nursing.
- Ensures comprehensive delivery of nursing services to all Skill Nursing residents, according to professionally recognized nursing practices, while meeting or exceeding Henry Ford Village Retirement Community care and service standards.
- Accountable for facility monthly quality indicator results.
- Makes recommendations to Clinical Directors for changes in nursing policies, procedures, and/or standards.
- Maintains departmental focus for the creation of person-centered, strength based resident care plans.
- In collaboration with Administrator and Medical Director, role models effective partnership in the resolution of complex difficult resident care issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree of Science required; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of five year experience in both clinical and administrative areas. Graduate from Accredited School of Nursing. Basic computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, the internet and web applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision, training, development and evaluation of all members of the Nursing Management team. Serves as a role model and mentor for the team, uses good judgment to initiate action autonomously, practices effective communication skills, providing effective and timely feedback and effectively manages by delegating and directing managers.
License, Certificates, Registration: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Michigan.