BLUEBERRY GINGER COOLER
Enjoy this refreshing blueberry ginger cooler to beat the heat!
- 1 liter water
- 1.25 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon grated ginger
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar or adjust to taste
- 2-3 cans of lemon lime sparkling water unsweetened
- ice cubes
- mint leaves
- To a pan on medium-high heat add water, blueberries and grated ginger. Let it all come to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add sugar and mix till it dissolves.
- Now lower the heat and using the back of your spatula, mash the blueberries. Mash all of it and let the mixture simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and once the syrup has cooled down, cover it with a cling sheet and let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours. This is important so that the flavors mix-in well.
- After 2-3 hours, strain the syrup into a clear bowl. At this point you can cover and keep it refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve the blueberry ginger cooler, fill 2/3 of the glass with the syrup, add ice cubes.
- Then add lemon-lime sparkling water on top and stir so that the soda and syrup combine well.
- Garnish with some fresh blueberries and mint leaves and enjoy!
For another deliciously good time, schedule a visit at Henry Ford Village today!