- Greet and direct residents, visitors, and staff and handle questions/concerns efficiently.
- Operate switchboard and direct calls efficiently.
- Monitor reception area traffic-directing deliveries, packages, etc.
- Keep accurate up to date lists of residents, alphabetically and by resident apartment.
- Keep accurate census information; hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Keep accurate list of residents who are away and dates returning for Security purposes.
- Alert Security to emergencies in accurate, calm manner.
- Monitor all pull cords for independent living. Track status of resident involved in situation, i.e. transported to hospital, etc.
- Receive emergency calls from residents and staff and dispatch appropriate personnel.
- Page on-call physicians as needed.
- Dispatch and monitor daily transportation schedule.
- Log all resident packages and notify of a package pick-up via notice in cubby hole.
- Assure all mail is dispatched through U.S. Mail at the end of each day.
- Sorts and distributes all inter-office mail.
- Sends all residential faxes and copies.
- Performs any additional duty as requested. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. Receptionist experience required.